Updating a Master Bathroom
Master bathroom remodels are one of our favorite types of projects! Homeowners wish to update Master Bathrooms for a variety of reasons. Updating to achieve a new look and better utilization of space, preparing a home to sell, or providing accessibility as needs change. NCHomeRemodleing.com can accommodate any size bathroom remodel, whether it is simple like swapping out fixtures or updating existing lighting, or creating a new footprint to achieve a completely different look and feel.
In this remodel project, the homeowner was preparing to list the home for sale. The existing footprint in the master bathroom did not optimize available space, the tub was bulky, and the shower was outdated.
Master Bathroom Before
Before – shower was outdated and lacks visual interest
What did we do?
- Two separate vanities were removed and replaced with a single vanity with double sinks and new faucets.
- The knee wall at the tub was re-done to increase space.
- The tub was replaced with a lower profile model, a tile surround added with tile matching the shower, and the deck mount faucet replaced with a wall mount faucet.
- A custom tub skirt was crafted by hand to fit the exactly fit the space and provide a clean look.
- The flooring was replaced with a plank style waterfall grey tile.
- The shower re-tiled all the way to the ceiling and includes a decorative niche.
- Lighting was raised and replaced with updated fixtures.
- One of the mirrors was removed and the other repurposed with a custom frame to update the look.
After – courtesy of TMLS. Light just pours into this room, reflecting off the new surfaces!
After – courtesy of TMLS. The shower is updated yet remains neutral and classic.
The end result is a functional, updated, neutral bathroom. The shower niche detail not only provides a place for products but also provides visual appeal.
NCHomeRemodeling.com, a division of NCWaterHeaters.com, provides full service home remodeling, maintenance, and carpentry for your home as well as all plumbing services! We serve all of Raleigh and neighboring cities. Give us a call today at (919) 520-3285 or (919) 868-3585 to schedule your free on site estimate!
After – shower niche with decorative tile