Master Bathroom Transformation
The homeowners put in significant thought to the perfect layout for their master bathroom. Originally containing a corner tub and small walk in shower stall, the tub took up quite a bit of real estate in this room. Additionally, the divider wall between the vanity and tub along with three additional doorways in the bathroom, made for cramped quarters in an otherwise spacious bathroom.
Our project consisted of the following:
- Remove the tub and shower.
- Eliminate the block glass window at the tub and install a full height window where the shower once resided.
- Create a large tiled shower where the tub once resided. Add a custom quartz curb to match the quartz on the vanity.
- Reduce the divider wall at the vanity.
- Replace the vanity and install a medium grey quartz top.
- Replace all plumbing fixtures with quality Delta products.
- Replace the existing mirror with a custom sized mirror to match the profile of the new vanity and lighting.
- Replace vinyl flooring with beautiful plank tile with grey tones.
- Remove the doorway and header to the water closet.
- Remove the doorway to the master closet.
- Move all lighting and bath vent, add additional lighting, and install LED fixtures with smart dimmer switches.
- Replace baseboard and shoe, repair drywall and paint.
- All necessary permits and inspections.
- Additionally, replace all water lines from CPVC to Pex.
The result is stunning! The custom shower glass at a height of 92” creates a feeling of being in a grand resort. The homeowner’s attention to detail in selecting lighting and hue brightens the room wonderfully. Removing two of the three doors inside the bathroom eliminates the cramped feeling and utilizes the space to it’s fullest. The new full height window provides a perfect view to the backyard pool.
Taking care of the water lines leading from this bathroom throughout the crawlspace helps to eliminate future leaks that are common when CPVC becomes old and brittle. Certainly not providing a cosmetic wow factor like we see in the rest of the bathroom, this will provide piece of mind for years to come.