5 Steps to Planning Your Bathroom Remodel
Get that bathroom remodel completed before the upcoming holidays!
1. Determine your budget. Generally, remodeling projects should not exceed the current market value of your home, especially if you plan to sell your home in the near future and wish to see a return on your investment.
2. Consider anything that needs to be repaired or replaced; leaky faucets, poor performing shower heads, leaking shower pan, and toilets that do not flush well or run constantly.
3. Make the wish list. Considering the focal point of your project, would a newly tiled shower make all the difference in the project? Or is the shower in good shape, but your vanity and lighting could use updating?
4. Consider the finishes you want to use. Oil rubbed bronze is popular and looks great, but changing out all fixtures will add additional expense to your project. Don’t forget the doorknobs, hinges, and light fixtures if you are changing finishes.
5. Get at least 3 estimates on your project. Make sure the estimates are easy to read and can be adjusted when your final decision is made. If your estimate has only one line item, it will be hard for you to decide whether or not a portion of your project could be eliminated to save on cost. You should bnever feel rushed or pressured to add anything you do not want to your project.
Dave Noffsinger is a licensed master plumber in the state of North Carolina serving Wake, Johnston, and Harnett counties. We provide free estimates and can help you with all of your plumbing needs in Raleigh and the surrounding areas. You can reach us at (919) 868-3585 or by visiting our website NCWaterHeaters.com.